A limited number of scholarships will be awarded to students.
The scholarship includes travel costs and a monthly grant to cover living expenses.
Applications for a scholarship can be indicated in the application form. A support letter from a trade union organisation is an application requirement. Please also note that the scholarship is a matching grant. It will only be awarded, if a trade union or another institution is co-sponsoring the programme with 1500 EUR. The potential co-sponsor has to be indicated on the application form and his/her contribution has to be paid before the start of the programme to the University of Kassel.
Appplicants from EU member states can apply for a scholarship from the Hans-Böckler-Stiftung.
The GLU is most grateful to the following institutions for providing scholarships to students and funding for the programme:
- Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES)
- Hans-Böckler-Stiftung (HBS)
- Otto-Brenner-Stiftung (OBS)
- Public Services International (PSI) (see: Heinz Kluncker and Jerry Wurf Award)
- UNI Global Union
- International Transport Workers Union (ITF)
- DGB Bildungswerk
- International Institute for Labour Studies (ILLS)
- Bundesministerium für wirtschaftliche Zusammenarbeit und Entwicklung (BMZ)
- International Labour Organisation (ILO) / Bureau for Workers' Activities (ACTRAV)
- Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD)