Global Labour Columns
Edited out of the University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa, the Global Labour Column provides a forum in which labour movements and their allies around the world can connect, debate, and share knowledge and experiences. By drawing on leading academic researchers and trade union leaders and activists, the Column is a unique platform for debate on responses to the crisis and, more broadly, to the challenges of globalisation.
The GLC has been supported by a global board since 2016. The board meets virtually 3 to 4 times per year to discuss past and future publications as well as initiatives to broaden the distribution and impact of the GLC. Its members are:
- Baba Aye – Health and Social Services Officer, Public Services International (PSI)
- Bruno Dobrusin – Advisor, Argentine Workers’ Central (CTA)
- Frank Hoffer - Executive Director, Action, Collaboration, Transformation (ACT)
- Mbuso Nkosi – Editor, Global Labour Column (GLC)
- Nicolas Pons-Vignon – Senior Researcher, University of the Witwatersrand (South Africa) & GLC editor
- Helen Russell - Trade Union Training Officer, Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP), UK
- Melisa Serrano - Associate Professor, University of the Philippines
- Elaine Sio-ieng Hui – Associate Professor, Penn State University (USA)
Towards a more inclusive ILOThe International Labour Organisation (ILO) has been a gift for workers worldwide.